Thursday, November 19, 2009

Can you tell me about Tagged?

My 12 year old daughter wants a profile on TAGGED.. I dont know anything about it. Is it safe? Is it like MYSPACE? Just to let you know we wont let her have a myspace account.. She says her friends are on there.. but I just dont know what it is all about..





How old do you have to be?... what do you do on there???


Please dont attack my parenting.. I am just a concerned mother that is looking out for her daughter....Thank you!

Can you tell me about Tagged?
It is what appears to be another MySpace style website. The main thing with these sites is to monitor the information that your daughter posts. If you make sure that there is in no way any information that could allow a predator to seek out and pursue contact with her then she will be OK. The best thing to do is set up the MySpace or Tagged with her and when they ask for the password put one in that only you will know and not your daughter. She will not be able to access the site without you being there so that will give you some control. Besides you can go there yourself to monitor what's going on anytime you want. Many people have accounts without any problems so check it out but make sure you are in control.
Reply:The members are required to be at least 13 years old.





As a mother, I see no reason for a child to be on these community sites. They are used to be noticed and seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment