Thursday, November 19, 2009

Friend received 'You've been tagged' from me - I didn't send it!!?

A friend of mine received an email with a message "you've been tagged" supposedly from me. Along with the email was my picture which I use on yahoo messenger. I never sent the email and don't know how he received it. Help

Friend received 'You've been tagged' from me - I didn't send it!!?
Hi, Mariella:





You have probably signed up or downloaded some software from other networking sites, something like hi5 or others. I get those messages from my Yahoo friends all the time and they never know that the software sends it. These programs go into your Yahoo address book and send messages to your contacts without your permission.





I'm not sure how to tell you to fix it, but those other websites like Tagged an HI5 are where the e-mails are coming from. Check your installed programs and see if you can find the programs that show up (like Tagged or Hi5) and uninstall them.





Another option is to change your Yahoo password, and hopefully that software won't be able to get to your address book anymore.





Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment