Thursday, November 19, 2009

Emails to Yahoo from my server tagged with X-YahooFilteredBulk?

Hiya,





I host a small mail server and I've noticed that emails FROM my server TO Yahoo accounts are tagged with X-YahooFilteredBulk: [IP address]. I only have a couple of customers using this server and I know that they are not spamming.





1. I would like to remove my server's IPs from the spammers list. How can I do that? I tested by adding my test account to my Yahoo address book but that didn't change it. I read other answers here that say "change your server's IP address". That's a drastic change and not easy to implement because I don't control the MX records for my customers.





2. Also, I would like to understand how my server got on the list in the first place, so I can make sure my users follow the rules in the future to prevent it from happening again.





3. If there IS an IP address in the X-YahooFilteredBulk, does it only go to the Bulk folder if SpamGuard is on? My test messages don't go to my Bulk folder.





Thank you!

Emails to Yahoo from my server tagged with X-YahooFilteredBulk?
Changing your IP address won't help for very long -- and it'll look like you're a spammer with something to hide. Yahoo! has a bunch of help pages about this:





http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/bulk/...





As for question #3, I bet you marked the message as "not spam" at some point. Yahoo! will respect that preference for your account, even if the mail is still seen as spam for everyone else.


1 comment:

  1. Did you ever figure this out? I'm fighting the exact same battle.

    ReplyDelete