Monday, November 16, 2009

My bellcheung@yahoo.com account is corrupted by Tagged.com.?

Tagged.com keeps using my bellcheung@yahoo.com account to send out invitations to everyone from my address book. I don't have an account with Tagged.com and I don't want Tagged.com to use my bellcheung@yahoo.com account to harase people anymore. Is closing the above mentioned account the only way to stop it? Do I have any other options? Please help!

My bellcheung@yahoo.com account is corrupted by Tagged.com.?
Try contacting Yahoo and see if they can help. I would scan the comp for viruses and spyeware, but do it in safe mode
Reply:It would be a good thing. While they may not have passwords etc. It will distance you from a bad rep. Yahoo! need to know this too or you might not like it if they wonder if you're a Soprano.





If you get angry replies like that it's a good thing to change or replace the account.





One thing I can tell you that IS A NO-NO:





You just gave your account name out in a public forum for NO GOOD REASON. NEVER do that, and mask it by the old "rebus" trick if you really need to, change parts to misspelled or at for @, make a simple riddle that computers have a harder time gaining a harvested address from.





Have you contacted the website and expressed your disapproval? Many sites of this type state they will comply with a complaint but OF COURSE they are INSULT SITES and that's their bacon.





Consult your state's Attorney General's office or website for cybercrime tips and view the headers if you can get them from a victim to find the IP address and any ISP abuse contact addresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment