Saturday, April 17, 2010

HELP! When I uploaded pictures from my camera...they were somehow tagged as shortcuts? Can they be saved?

I took some great pics today, and when I uploaded them from camera onto my computer they were tagged as shortcuts, when I try and open them or edit them, it says it cannot find the shortcut. Using Microsoft windows, nothing fancy...PLEASE HELP!

HELP! When I uploaded pictures from my camera...they were somehow tagged as shortcuts? Can they be saved?
Are the pictures still in your camera? If so, you definitely still have a copy.





If not, right click on one of the shortcuts and choose 'Properties'. A new window should open up and one of the fields in that window should be labelled 'Target:'. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the path listed in the 'Target:' field. If you can a file there, then you have the image on your computer.





Otherwise, you might no longer have a copy of those photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment