Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hi ,which GFP Expression vector I should use to clone my gene and purify the GFP tagged fusion protein?

I am looking for a Green Fluorescent Protein expression vector. I want to clone gene of interest in GFP vector and express the fusion protein, and then purify GFP tagged fusion protein.





Can you tell me any vector which will help me in making GFP fusion protein and be helpful in protein purification step as well?

Hi ,which GFP Expression vector I should use to clone my gene and purify the GFP tagged fusion protein?
It depends on the purpose of your experiment and purification method. Usually one would use GFP for a quick readout (microscopy) vs other wet techniques or as a control. For purification, one usually uses a tag that has high affinity for a substrate (e.g. His, FLAG, MBP). Do you want C-term or N-term fusion? High expression? Specific promoter? Selectable marker? You might have to use multiple vectors to get the final construct and the order of cloning might depend on what you already have in your lab. The page below lists just some of the vectors that are commercially available. Your PI might be able to request other vectors that have been published as well.
Reply:I have not experimented with GFP vectors but I am sure there are companies e.g invitrogen who sell cloning kits that you can easily follow.

blue tooth

No comments:

Post a Comment